Friday 16 August 2013

How to achieve | gothic messy hair


Some people might not agree with this, but I adore Goths and their sense of style; but what I like most about them is their dramatic hair styles. I often leave the house with quite eye catching hair, every other week I’m dying my hair a different elaborate colour from pastel blue to dark purple I’m just in love with the whole idea. And the hair style I choose just tops it off, call me a Goth? That’s a compliment to me.

Just in case you don’t quite understand what I’ve typed there will be pictures of me exampling each instruction to help, enjoy!

Also before I begin I’d just like to inform you guys that this certain hair style works best if you haven’t washed your hair on the same day J

Step 1.  Spray the roots of your hair thoroughly with some dry shampoo. Any type will do and if you don’t keep dry shampoo at home you could always use a little baby powder. Yes that might sound odd but, believe me, it works.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Step 2.  Rub it into the roots, for this you can use either your fingers or a spiky brush. It’s entirely up to you, personally I would use a brush for this.

Step 3.  Start to tease/back comb your hair. Start at the roots and slowly work your way down to the bottom of your ears. Leave the long ends of your hair! Your hair should start to pick up volume on top. By the way, don’t be shy when back combing your hair. It’s meant to look big!

Step 4.  You now need to hold the back combed hair in place; to do this you could use anything. For example: hair wax, hair spray, styling gel. Personally I would use hair spray as I think it works the best.

Step 5.  Now you’ve sorted out the tops of your hair, it’s time to sort out the ends. Gently brush the ends of your hair so they are smooth to the touch, I prefer to do this with a comb but you can use what you like. Also I like to use grape seed oil on my ends, this product makes your hair softer and repairs split ends too! 

Step 6.  Now for the final touch... Straighten the ends of your hair! This, of course, is optional but i always like to do it as a finishing touch. Then ta-dah you’re pretty much done. You could always add some accessories if you would like too, like a girly bow for example. Simple but effective!

So, there are 6 easy steps on how to do a cute gothic hair style! If you enjoyed, leave a comment? If you feel like giving it a go you could send me a picture of the finished results? You can find my social network details on the tab ‘contact’!

Hope you enjoyed <3

 

2 comments:

  1. Omg i love this look, and i'm a big fan of that hair! i will definatley try that out today! thanks for the amazing blog post, share more!
    And your background and header look stunning bebs

    http://claudirella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster award :) Go on my blog to know what to do!

    ReplyDelete